Happy Monday everyone,
I have a couple of updates today regarding production and some news released across the media outlets earlier today. These are going to come out in a few concurrent posts, this first one will be about the exciting world of Production and ordering!
First, the bad news. The factory is shut down this week, pausing production of the remaining 2022 models until next Monday, at least. It is unclear if this will push ‘23 production startup further back from the current tentative date of May 16th. The orders at the factory are still expected to be produced as 22 models. Updates will be posted on the @Factory spreadsheet as we get them.
Along the same topic, we have begun to submit orders to the factory for the 23 model year. Two very short order cycles have passed already and we have sent in the 11 orders Chevy allocated us to get things rolling when production is switched over.
The constraints have continued to be an obstacle and it will not likely settle for the next couple of months. The constraint list is updated week to week so there is a chance all of this info could be different come next month.
All four suspension set ups are on some sort of restricted availability. The four setups I refer to are:
- Base car, [FE1]
- Z51 performance suspension [FE3]
- Base car with Mag ride [FE2]
- Z51 with Mag ride [FE4]
Currently, the FE2 option is on the highest restriction at 0%, FE1 and FE4 currently report at 30%, and FE3 is at 70%.
The percentages refer to the maximum number of orders the factory has the capacity to produce that week with each component.
To try to explain this, here is a very basic, hypothetical example: If the factory builds 100 cars this week they have the components available for a maximum of 30 orders that have the Z51 and Mag ride, FE4. The same goes for each other item on constraint, based on the percentage. The important thing to take away from this is that the constraints are different each order cycle, even if the percentages remain the same since they apply to the entire country and not just our dealership. Do not feel the need to change your order based on these when submitting the order form. I will still contact you to go over it and give you the option to change your build to fit within the constraints for that cycle.
Please continue to submit order forms and just be aware that I have been having some trouble working out all of the bugs with the calculator function so it is advised that you add up the prices of the options to double check the form instead of relying solely on the posted MSRP. I am working on this so just bear with me.
I have also created some new graphics to help explain some of the options so make sure you check those out inside the order form. I will post them here periodically as well because some are more generic so they don’t really have a defined spot in the order form..
We still have no information or timetable for Z06 info, pricing, or production. Tentatively projected for “late spring” as of our most recent correspondence.
One last thing, since our deposit list has been growing so rapidly, we are now quoting an estimated wait time of 20-24 months for new deposits on the Stingray List. When we had upwards of 500 a year or so ago we were able to keep the average wait time to roughly 12-14 months but with almost double the number of deposits, the wait will naturally extend. The exception to this would be if our allocation sees a sharp incline over the next model year, or if we have a mass number of cancellations. We have purged the majority of the several dozen that have been inactive for the last couple of years to clear up a bit of the misleading line positions… Currently the average deposit date for orders going to the factory is March, 2021. I remain optimistic that our turn rate will eventually swing our allocation in the positive direction as we move forward. Just continue to follow the process and I will keep doing what I need to do.
As always, I appreciate the patience of each and every one of you! Stay safe and check back for new updates often!